• Clean, cut and rinse meat, trimming off all excess fat.
• Heat oil in medium sized pot.
• Half the onions & slice each half thinly.
• Braise onion adding salt, chopped chilli & when onion becomes translucent, the garlic & ginger.
• When almost browned, add the jeera, coriander, tumeric, chilli powder and leaf masala & half of the chopped dhanya.
• Braise for approximately 2 - 4 minutes on low-medium heat.
• Add meat / chicken & potatoes & a little water (¼ glass) and allow to simmer until meat is cooked. (± 15-20 mins)
• Pour over rice, add enough water to cook the rice, Fast boil rice without stirring for about 10mins.
• When settled stir well, sprinkle rest of dhanya ontop of rice with a nob of butter and steam covered for 20/30 minutes or until the rice is done, stirring often so that rice don’t burn to bottom of pot.
If you are looking for a no fuss, easy Vegetable Biryani Recipe then this is the one for you. This is not a traditional Biryani recipe that will have you slaving away in the kitchen and makes good use a frozen veg and curry paste
An Easy Midweek Summer Recipe. With that in mind today’s recipe is a super simple one, packed with bags of flavour and with the added bonus of making use of leftover or pre-cooked tabbouleh, rice or couscous – basically whatever you have to hand
(Easy Enchilada Sauce Recipe). Making an Easy Enchilada Sauce in under a Minute. If you search for enchilada sauce recipes on-line, you will be met with a barrage of recipes from very simple chilli and tomato sauces to the authentic “salsa rojo”